Application Deadline: August 7, 2022
The WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme powered by De Beers Group develops leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills required by young graduates to succeed in the engineering industry and beyond.
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2022 is a one-of-a-kind online learning programme which provides Fellows with resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via WhatsApp and live virtual master classes. The programme will be run in four (4) modules between September 2022 – March 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks. The programme is designed to shape the way young women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in industry.
The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership – Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future World of Work
- Module 3: Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Practice Self-care
- Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Engaged fellows will be invited to networking events with leaders from De Beers Group and Zutari as well as Southern Africa Fellowship Alumni represented from all three (3) countries (Botswana, Namibia or South Africa) spanning 2019 to 2022.
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills.
- Grow a professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Growing your community of other like-minded women in engineering and technology
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group and Zutari from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana).
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2023 or 2024.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2022 – March 2023 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration COVID-19 restrictions and foreseen academic workloads.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
- Applications must be completed online. (Application button below)
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is 7 August 2022, 23h59 SAST.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants, the successful applicants will be notified by the end of August 2022.
Further details regarding the programme delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.
Email us, should you have questions or queries.