USAID-USADF Grants for 2021 Mandela Washington Fellows Program
USADF is an independent U.S. Government agency established by the U.S. Congress to support and invest in African-owned and African-led enterprises that improve the lives and livelihoods of people in underserved communities in Africa.
Application Deadline: September 21st 2021 – Click here to apply
Up to US$25K in funding is available for social ventures that are:
- 100% African-owned
- 2021 Mandela Washington Fellow*
- All tracks (public management, civic engagement, and business)
- All sectors
- Venture must be African-owned and managed, based in, and operating in sub-Saharan Africa
- One application allowed
What we are looking for:
- Viability of the proposed business or social venture.
- Track record, including the grantee’s related experience and ability to execute.
- Impact — the potential for impact and a demonstration of how the venture will improve and change the communities in which the grants are implemented.
- Unmet Need — The degree to which the venture addresses unmet needs of under-served communities and/or market demand.
- Sustainability — How sustainable is the venture and/or organization. “Donor dependent” organizations will not be selected.
For inquiries, please email MWF2021email@example.com.
* Alumni who are government officials are ineligible to apply.