Application Deadline: July 15, 2022
The new program is now accepting applications on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
Young Professionals are recruited from around the world, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries and countries of operations. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
- Academic Credentials*
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
Short Essay Question
Please answer the following (in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less):
Given the current global context, how can the World Bank Group help our country clients support and reach a green, resilient and inclusive development? Please include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.
The World Bank Group is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. To ensure the safety of our current and prospective staff, YPP interviews will be conducted virtually and may include:
- Pre-recorded interview (on Hirevue)
- Live panel interview
- An assessment center, where you will be asked to participate in individual and group exercises
- Timed computer-based financial tests (IFC candidates)
Applicants who are invited to interview will be provided with more detail as the process moves along.
Candidates are assessed based on experience, technical expertise, and competencies such as client orientation, leadership and communication.