The World Bank Group (WBG) Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2023 (Technical & Managerial roles at the World Bank Group)
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP). The program now recruits on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP aims to develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Academic Credentials*
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
Short Essay Question
Please answer the following (in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less):
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA);
- Why you are the right person for the role; and
- Given the current global context, how can the World Bank Group help our country clients support and reach a green, resilient and inclusive development? Please include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.
The World Bank Group is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. To ensure the safety of our current and prospective staff, YPP interviews will be conducted virtually and may include:
- Pre-recorded interview (on Hirevue)
- Live panel interview
- An assessment center, where you will be asked to participate in individual and group exercises
- Timed computer-based financial tests (IFC candidates)
Applicants who are invited to interview will be provided with more detail as the process moves along.
YPs are offered five-year term contracts, the terms and conditions of which vary by institution.
Candidates will be provided with further detail during the offer stage, in line with the most current policies of their respective hiring institution.