Application Deadline: 28 February 2023
Applications to be part of MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa Academy class of 2023 are now open. MTF South Africa is a 12-month long industry readiness programme that affords the opportunity to learn from some of the leading TV producers in the country while acquiring valuable experience in the directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction and many other skills.”
Follow us on Facebook
MultiChoice Group is committed to developing and honing the skills of young, talented and ambitious African storytellers. That is why it is with pride that we announce that the M-Net Magic in Motion (MIM) programme will now be known as the MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa (MTF South Africa) in line with MultiChoice Africa’s broader MTF programme.
This new chapter will carry the same passion for film and movie making, the same devotion for excellence and will continue with our promise of enriching lives. The naming convention allows the business to consolidate all initiatives that are critical in developing a sustainable talent pipeline to the video and entertainment industry.
The MiM Academy was established in 2014 and has been instrumental in helping transform the South African film and TV industry by upskilling students and empowering them with substantial knowledge and experience in just 12 months. The MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF), which was launched in 2018 by MultiChoice Africa, does the same by upskilling the next generation of passionate young film creatives.
To date, 58 students have been trained through MIM and are making their mark in the video entertainment industry. About 16 Mzansi Magic movies have been produced by participants of this programme and nine graduates have started their own production companies, namely: A tribe called story, Eccentric Circus and Beyond Black.
The MTF South Africa programme has three pillars:
- MTF South Africa Academy – 1 year internship academy for university graduates from qualifying institutions who meet the academic qualifying criteria.
- MTF South Africa Scriptwriting Incubator – 1 year programme for budding scriptwriters. This programme is not limited to university graduates.
- MTF South Africa Bursary Programme – Full 1 year tuition for 2nd year or higher university students from qualifying institutions who meet the academic and the financial need qualifying criteria will be considered. Under consideration will also be national Economically Active Populations (EAP) targets
Applications to be part of MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa Academy class of 2023 are now open and will close on 28 February 2023 MTF South Africa is a 12-month long industry readiness programme that affords the opportunity to learn from some of the leading TV producers in the country while acquiring valuable experience in the directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction and many other skills.”
- Internships only available to South African citizens
- Must have completed (in 2020/2021), a 3year Diploma / Degree in Film and TV or related qualification
- Must have achieved a minimum of C + Aggregate
How to apply?
Download the application form (below), fill it in, provide all the supporting documents listed below and email directly to: [email protected] by 28 February 2023 12pm. Quote the subject line: MTF South Africa Academy 2023 application
- CV – not more than 2 pages
- Personal motivation letter of not more than 500 words (why should you be chosen?)
- Copy of South African Identity Document – certified
- Copy of matric certificate – certified
- Copy of academic transcripts / Tertiary qualification Certificate – certified
- Confirmation of banking details – verified by bank with bank stamp and/or letter
- Proof of residential address