Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
As part of management’s efforts to consciously integrate leadership into the Bank’s culture, as well as build a pipeline of next generation of leaders who will be groomed to drive the Bank’s vision of being Africa’s Bank of first choice, the Board recently approved the implementation of FirstBank Management Associate Programme (FMAP).
Designed as a 24-month fast-track comprehensive developmental programme, this initiative is targeted at young, dynamic, self-motivated and highly driven individuals who possess acute thinking skills, financial and methodical skills, as well as distinctive ability to communicate effectively and synthesize ideas, information and data to aid decision making.
We therefore solicit applications from the eligible internal candidates who are willing to take advantage of this window of opportunity to fast-track their career and be part of the next generation of leaders of our iconic institution. Such individuals must be between BA & SBO grades and possess the right skills set and excellent leadership potential.
Upon completion of the programme, successful candidates (Management Associates) will be promoted to Assistant Manager grade, irrespective of their grades at the point of entry. Such individuals will be tagged as High-Potential staff (HiPos) in the Bank and will enjoy regular promotion subject to consistent high performance ratings in the yearly appraisal exercise. Full time posting will be assigned based on the delegate’s preferred/selected business function. Cross-country posting and secondment opportunities will be offered to such staff across the FirstBank network to provide them global exposure and network.
- Not more than 30 years old
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a structured organization, preferably financial services sector or global consulting firm
- Minimum of Second Class Upper division in any discipline from a recognised University
- In addition to the above, candidates must have a post-graduate degree (minimum Master’s degree) from a reputable university; OR
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA, ACA, CPA, CFA