The Amujae Initiative is the EJS Center’s flagship program. The program inspires and prepares women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership, and to bring other women along.
Application Deadline: 23 January 2022 – Click here to apply
Each year, the EJS Center selects a cohort of African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences that are designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. The inaugural cohort of 2020 Amujae Leaders and subsequent cohort of 2021 Amujae Leaders make up a dynamic group of women with impressive and diverse backgrounds in public leadership and beyond.
We are delighted to announce that we are now recruiting for the next cohort of Amujae Leaders. Applications to join the 2022 cohort will be open from 1 December 2021 to 23 January 2022.
All applications will be reviewed carefully, and shortlisted applicants will be notified by 1 April 2022. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with shortlisted applicants. Regrettably, we are also unable to provide individual feedback on any applications.
About the application process
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen and resident of any African country.
- Have already invested in a public leadership journey with demonstrable accomplishments. This journey may have evolved in various professional backgrounds/ sectors, not strictly public service.
- May be working/ involved in sectors that include but are not limited to public administration, politics, civil society, business, arts, media, sports, education, sciences, etc.
- Have the ambition to serve at the highest levels of public leadership.
- Have demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Be patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to her home country/countries.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.