Application Deadline: October 11, 2023
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Center for Lifelong Learning (C3L) at the University of Oldenburg (Germany) are jointly organising the seventeenth DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD in Oldenburg, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in developing and emerging countries to successfully tackle every-day challenges. In order to do so, the programme brings together the topics Project Management, Strategic Management & Academic Leadership and Human Resource Management with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant. So far, more than 500 participants from over 50 countries have taken part in the UNILEAD training courses.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
UNILEAD focuses on three key areas:
1. Project Management. This includes courses on Methodology of Project Management and Financial Management in projects.
2. Strategic Management & Academic Leadership. This includes courses of theoretical basics and practical tools for the development and implementation of Strategic Management and acquisition of competences in the area of Leadership.
3. Human Resource Management.
DIES PROGRAMME LINES
- ©DIES Training CoursesDIES training courses offer practical multi-part continuing education programmes for managerial staff at higher education institutions in developing countries.
- ©DIES DialogueConferences, seminars, and information visits are dialogue events that create forums for regional and transregional exchange on current reform topics in university management.
- ©DIES ProjectsDIES projects each focus on one particular thematic area. They combine the DIES programme components dialogue events and training courses. This merge of tools is the key attribute of the DIES projects, along with the long-term cooperation with the regional partners. Here, the DAAD and the HRK themselves are usually engaged as cooperation partners.
- ©DIES PartnershipsDIES partnerships support cooperation between German higher education institutions and partners in developing countries in the area of university management and are aimed at bringing about structural improvements at the participating higher education institutions.
- ©DIES AlumniDIES supports its alumni from the various training courses and projects to pass on their acquired knowledge to their home universities and other universities in their country of origin, thus multiplying the impact at a national level.
- ©DIES Publications & TestimonialsBelow you can find bundled all studies and publications elaborated for DIES-measures.
Funding During the contact phases the participants will be guests of the University of Oldenburg.
Following expenses will be covered:
• Course costs for participation in UNILEAD.
• Travel costs: Flights to and from Germany (Economy class) and ground travel to and from Oldenburg (2. class train).
DIES kindly ask the participants to make their own travel arrangements – they will then be reimbursed in cash upon arrival in Oldenburg. • Accommodation (including breakfast) and Welcome and Leaving Dinner at the two contact phases in Germany.
Thank you for visiting Rising Africa, the blog that celebrates African success stories and shares life-changing opportunities for the African youth. We are passionate about empowering the next generation of African leaders and innovators with the knowledge and skills they need to thrive in the global arena.
One of the ways we do this is by providing you with the latest information on scholarships and funding opportunities that can help you pursue your academic, professional, and entrepreneurial goals. Whether you are looking for undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate scholarships, or funding for your startup and business ideas, we have something for you. Check out our scholarship and funding page to find out more and apply today. Don’t miss this chance to make your dreams come true!
To inspire you further, we also feature stories of successful Africans who have benefited from these scholarships and funding opportunities. You can read about their journeys, challenges, and achievements on our blog. Learn from their experiences and get motivated to follow their footsteps. You too can be a Rising African!