Application Deadline: September 2022
All Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans. Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK host organisation working in their sector for a programme of professional development.
Purpose: To provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Intended beneficiaries: Mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organisations in low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective fellows must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer). Prospective Fellows will be contacted directly by the CSC if required to submit references. The Host organisation Fellows are applying to might also contact them to request a reference when considering their application
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates
In addition to the above, prospective fellows must ensure they meet any eligibility criteria set out by each individual host organisation.
The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. For further information on the support available to fellows with a disability, see the CSC disability support statement.
How to apply
Please note that all Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans. All applicants must be professionals working on related issues.
Applications for prospective Fellows are now open. Please click here to visit our online application system and submit your application. Applications will remain open until 16:00 (BST) on the 15th August 2022.
All fellowships in this round will be tenable for three months from 22nd February 2023