Deadline for Applications: 20 November 2023.
The Female Science Talents Intensive Track goes into its third round! For the year 2024, Falling Walls is looking for 20 exceptionally talented women in science from all disciplines to take part in our one-year intensive programme.
BENEFITS OF THE INTENSIVE TRACK
The Intensive Track programme provides selected candidates with multiple opportunities:
- Participate in two high-level landmark events in Berlin: the International Spring Gathering & International Fall Gathering as part of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2024, including travel scholarships for both events;
- Take part in a series of online and in-person skill-enhancement workshops on topics such as leadership, business building, grant applications and more;
- Peer exchange with fellow international young talents from all disciplines;
- Get unique opportunities for networking with Female Science Talents role models and women leaders in academia, politics, business and the media, including our official partners (Bayer, The Elsevier Foundation, Foundation Medicine, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft);
- Get opportunities for networking and peer exchange with Falling Walls community members, including Falling Walls Venture, Falling Walls Engage and Falling Walls Lab;
- Become part an active part of the inspiring Female Science Talents community via events and related communications channels;
- Benefit from an increased reach and visibility via the Falling Walls website and social media channels;
- Opportunities for mentoring support with role models from academia, industry and related fields.
All PhD-students at the final stage of their research and postdocs or comparable qualification levels from all disciplines at university and non-university research institutions worldwide are eligible to participate.* We are looking for exceptional talents** who conduct inspiring research in their field.
Especially we are looking for:
- A personality who inspires, takes on new challenges and drives people around them.
- A visionary who recognizes changes and upheavals and breaks new ground. They employ innovative approaches and embraces risks to accomplish their objectives.
- A framer capable of steering scientific, economic, or social innovation in uncertain and complex environments.
*Master students are not eligible to apply.
**Female Science Talents uses an inclusive definition of women and welcomes submissions from cis and trans women, genderqueer and non-binary people.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the third week of December.
- The programme will kick off in late January 2024 and runs until late November 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
Please, send us the following documents for the application process:
- CURRICULUM VITAE
Show us the most important stages of your life (tabular format, max. 4 pages).
- LETTER OF MOTIVATION: Why do you think this programme is right for you?
- Tell us about yourself (300 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell us about your research (400 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell us about your goals and the vision for your career (400 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell us how our programme can help you achieve your goals (300 characters limit incl. spaces)
- VIDEO: We are eager to know more about yourself. You have:
- Max. 3 minutes
- 1 opportunity to introduce yourself and your motivation.
Please send us your CV and Letter of Motivation in one PDF file (max 5 MB) and the video in MP4 format as a file or link, adding your name and surname in the files names to email@example.com
Please note: The video and the letter of motivation are mandatory for the selection process. Due to the amount of applications received, only full applications will be considered.
APPLICATION PERIOD: 16 October – 20 November 2023.
DEADLINE: 20 November 23.59 CET.
You can also download the information here.
Thank you for visiting Rising Africa, the blog that celebrates African success stories and shares life-changing opportunities for the African youth. We are passionate about empowering the next generation of African leaders and innovators with the knowledge and skills they need to thrive in the global arena.
One of the ways we do this is by providing you with the latest information on scholarships and funding opportunities that can help you pursue your academic, professional, and entrepreneurial goals. Whether you are looking for undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate scholarships, or funding for your startup and business ideas, we have something for you. Check out our scholarship and funding page to find out more and apply today. Don’t miss this chance to make your dreams come true!
To inspire you further, we also feature stories of successful Africans who have benefited from these scholarships and funding opportunities. You can read about their journeys, challenges, and achievements on our blog. Learn from their experiences and get motivated to follow their footsteps. You too can be a Rising African!