Deadline for Applications: October 6th, 2023
The Female Founders Growth Programme is specially designed in partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and WEAV Capital designed to support female-led tech start-ups in Nigeria. The selected startups will partake in a world-class Investment Readiness Programme designed to support high potential female led tech companies to raise capital. The program will be delivered jointly by the IFC and WEAV Capital.
We are excited to welcome applications for the Female Founders Growth Programme, an accelerator and investment readiness programme under the FSDH Women in Business Initiative, our value-added initiative for women in business in Nigeria, created to enable and empower women-led businesses to thrive through access to the right information, opportunities, and networks.
Selected startups will benefit from tailored made and immersive sessions focused on improving their business model, developing their fundraising strategy, and preparing their data room for investors. Selected start-ups will also benefit from rigorous training on financial management, cash flow optimization, and on investment readiness for both equity and debt funding.
Each participant will also benefit from:
- Matching with a business coach from leading global institutions to work with their business.
- Expert office hours with seasoned subject matter experts accros various fields.
- Networking with leading investors in venture capital and venture debt.
The 6-week virtual program will commence in mid-October and end in November culminating with a Demo-day showcase, where founders will have the opportunity to pitch to a pool of investors, accelerators, and business leaders. The top pitch will win non-equity funding of $10,000. All selected start-ups will have the potential to receive funding from participating investors in the programme.
To be eligible for the program, companies need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a female founder or co-founder (at least one female needs to be on the founding team)
- Have a Minimum Viable Product and some initial users.
- Achieved annual revenues between $50,000 and 1 million.
- Received less than $500,000 in funding.
Been in operation for more than a year, but less than 5 years.
- Be a technology or technology-enabled business in any sector
- Be an early stage (pre-seed or seed) company seeking to raise an institutional round of funding to develop their product to the next stage of growth.
The 6-week virtual program will commence in mid-October and end in November. The time commitment required for the program is approximately 5 hours a week.
The Female Founders’ Growth Programme will be held for a total period of 6 weeks and will consist of Mentorship sessions, Masterclasses, and an Investor Pitch Day.
The Growth Programme will provide participants access to the following:
- Access to a qualified, experienced faculty via the Masterclasses and Mentoring Sessions.
- Access to IFC’s Financial Management Training Programme
- Non-equity grant of $10,000
- Access to Community and Support from peer founders.
- Access to a Community of leading entrepreneurs.
- Access to Funding and Investment opportunities.
Applications closes on the October 6th, 2023 by 11:59 PM WAT
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early.
To apply for the Female Founders Growth Programme, please fill the form below appropriately.
Thank you for visiting Rising Africa, the blog that celebrates African success stories and shares life-changing opportunities for the African youth. We are passionate about empowering the next generation of African leaders and innovators with the knowledge and skills they need to thrive in the global arena.
One of the ways we do this is by providing you with the latest information on scholarships and funding opportunities that can help you pursue your academic, professional, and entrepreneurial goals. Whether you are looking for undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate scholarships, or funding for your startup and business ideas, we have something for you. Check out our scholarship and funding page to find out more and apply today. Don’t miss this chance to make your dreams come true!
To inspire you further, we also feature stories of successful Africans who have benefited from these scholarships and funding opportunities. You can read about their journeys, challenges, and achievements on our blog. Learn from their experiences and get motivated to follow their footsteps. You too can be a Rising African!